The First Meeting
The first meeting we'll have is so we can get to know you. We want your website to be authentic to you, so this is a critical step in the website build. Don't worry though, you're welcome to ask us as many questions ask we ask you.
- Questions. Our goal here is to learn everything we can to build the best website for your small business.
- Answers. We want you to be as comfortable as possible with us and the process, so we will do our best to answer whatever questions you have. If we don't know an answer right away, we'll find it and get it to you as soon as possible.
- Lunch. We believe the best way to start any relationship is over food.
- Information. We'll be asking questions all over the spectrum of your business, such as broad scope questions like "How do YOU describe what you do?" to background questions like "What have your previous marketing efforts looked like?". Don't feel the need to know the collected history and personality of your business though, if you don't know something right away, we'll follow-up about it later.
- Questions. Think of any reason you've hesitated to build (or update) your website in the past and build questions from there. We want to hear and answer your questions to ensure you know your website is in the right hands.
- Thoughts & Ideas. What are the things you need your website to do? What are some things you would like for it to do? You may know exactly what you are wanting right out the gate, or you may have no idea where to start, and we're happy to work with either. We do ask that you find 2-3 websites in your industry that have things you want for your site. This is crucial to helping us understand what you need and what you want from your business' website.
The Second Meeting
By now we've gotten all the big questions out of the way, so this meeting is looking at the different options we'll have put together for you so we can get a first draft started.
- Two to Three Theme Options. This is a foundation for your website, and once agreed to cannot be changed. We won't rush you to make this decision and will be answer questions you have.
- Page Suggestions. We'll present a few recommended options for pages based on your anticipated budget and website needs.
- Information. If you are a new client, or building a brand new site, we'll need things such as: logos, phone numbers, and addresses. If you are providing photos, copy, or other content we'll get you set-up with an easy way to share it with us.
The Third Meeting
We'll present the first draft of the website for your review. The site won't be polished but you will be able to get a feel for how it will look.
- The First Draft of Your Website. We'll show you all the features and pages.
- Time. We aren't going to rush this meeting so that you can have time give us feedback, ask questions, and make requests.
- Time and Attention. We need to hear your honest thoughts and opinions to ensure we are building in the right direction. So if something looks odd, or you're curious why something works the way it does, ask. We're happy to explain anything and want to make sure that your business shines through in every aspect of it.